Adjust text size
Click on Image to View More
Dr. Tabassum Asif Khan
Professor (M.Pharm. Ph.D.)
Area of Specialisation Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Quality AssuranceExperience Academics: 17 YearsIndustry: 04 YearsInterest areas Natural product chemistry: bioactivity-guided fractionation of natural productextracts, isolation and characterization of phytoconstituents, standardizationof herbal products using modern analytical techniques.Synthetic chemistry: Total synthesis of privileged structures from naturalproducts and analogue synthesis, SAR and CADD in natural product templates andanalytical method development and validation of pharmaceuticals (synthetic andherbal category).ResearchPublications: 25Presentations: 23Recent Publications
-Atul Sherje, Shraddha Bodkhe, Mayuri Nikam, Tabassum Khan,Kavit Patel, Vasanti Suvarna, Current Insights on Clinical Efficacy ofRoflumilast for Treatment of COPD, Asthma and ACOS, 2020, InternationalImmunopharmacology, Published online on Sep 2020. IF= 3.94
-Tabassum K, Mayuresh P, Munira M and Abdelwahab O,Macrophage Targeted Nanocarrier Delivery Systems in HIV Therapeutics, 2020,Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, Published online on May 26, 2020. IF=4.84 https://doi.org/10.1080/17425247.2020.1762565.
-Omkar Sawant and Tabassum Khan, Management of periorbitalhyperpigmentation-An overview of nature based agents and alternativeapproaches, 2020, Dermatologic Therapy, Published online on May 29, 2020. IF=2.33 https://doi.org/10.1111/dth.13717.
-T. Khan and H. Godbole, Ushirasava-Physicochemicalstandardization and quantitative estimation of some bioactives, InternationalJournal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2020; Vol. 11(5): 2332-2341.IF=0.83.
-R. Singh and T. Khan, RP-HPLC method development andvalidation studies for the estimation of aspirin, clopidogrel bisulphate androsuvastatin calcium in fixed dose combination capsules, International Journalof Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2020; Vol. 11(5): 2366- 2373. IF=0.83-Mrunal Jadhav, Tabassum Khan, Chintan Bhavsar, Munira Momin & AbdelwahabOmri; Novel therapeutic approaches for targeting TB and HIV reservoirs prevailingin lungs, Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, DOI: 10.1080/17425247.2019.1621287,May 2019, Impact Factor: 5.553
-Kaksha Sankhe, Tabassum Khan, Chintan Bhavsar, Munira Momin& Abdelwahab Omri; Selective drug deposition in lungs through pulmonarydrug delivery systems for effective management of drug resistant TB, ExpertOpinion on Drug Delivery, May 2019, Taylor & Francis; IF=5.553.
-Tabassum Khan, Sankalp Gharat, Mansai Chalke, Munira Momin;Development of simultaneous spectrophotometric method for quantification ofresveratrol and folic acid in an orogel, International Journal ofPharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2019; Vol. 10(4): 2035-2039; IF= 0.59.
-Tabassum Khan, Amrita Date, Hardik Chavda & Krina Patel;Polysaccharides as potential anticancer agents—A review of their progress,Carbohydrate Polymers, 210, 2019, 412-428. Elsevier; IF= 5.158
-Neha Desai, Munira Momin, Upasana Singh, Tabassum Khan, AtulSherje; Analytical Method Development and Validation for SimultaneousEstimation of Curcumin and Cyclosporine by RP-HPLC, International Journal ofPharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 11, Issue 2, 2019, 26-33.
-Bhushan Dravyakar, Promod Khedekar, Tabassum Khan, AtulSherje, Kavit Patel & Vasanti Suvarna; Design and Development of Novel2-(Morpholinyl)-N-substituted Phenylquinazolin-4-amines as Selective COX-IIInhibitors, Anti-Inflammatory & Anti-Allergy Agents in Medicinal Chemistry,2019, 18, 1-22, Bentham.
-Chintan Bhavsar, Tabassum Khan, Munira Momin &Abdelwahab Omri; Targeting tumor microenvironment to curb chemoresistance vianovel drug delivery strategies”, Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, Volume 15,Issue 7, 2018, p 641-663, Taylor Francis; IF= 5.553.
-Sahil Butala, Kavit Patel, Tabassum Khan, Atul Sherje,Vasanti Suvarna & Bhushan Dravyakar; Mycobacterial siderophores: A reviewon chemistry and biology of siderophore and its potential as a target fortuberculosis, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 157, 5 September2018, 783-790; Elsevier; IF = 4.816.
-Megha Sarkar, Vasanti Suvarna, Tabassum Khan, PramilaChaubey, Atul Sherje, Kavit Patel & Bhushan Dravyakar; Bone health andnatural products-An insight, Frontiers in Pharmacology, 9, 981 September 2018;IF = 3.8.
-Ekta Patel, Kavit Patel & Tabassum Khan; Imidazole andPyrazole: Privileged Scaffolds for AntiInfective Activity, Mini Reviews inOrganic Chemistry, 2018, 15(6); 459-475. IF= 0.722.
-Kaksha Sankhe, Tabassum Khan, Atul Sherje, Vasanti Suvarna,Kavit Patel & Bhushan Dravyakar; DNA gyrase inhibitors: Progress andsynthesis of potent compounds as antibacterial agents, Biomedicine &Pharmacotherapy 103 (2018) 923–938. IF- 3.457.
-Tabassum Khan & Pranav Gurav; PhytoNanotechnology:Enhancing delivery of plant based anticancer drugs, Frontiers inPharmacology–Ethnopharmacology, IF- 4.400.
-Phytochemicals and PI3K Inhibitors in Cancer—An Insight,Frontiers in Pharmacology–Ethnopharmacology, December 2017, Volume 8, Article916, IF- 4.400.
-Tabassum Khan & Bhakti Sawant; Recent advances indelivery of antifungal agents for therapeutic management of candidiasis,Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, 96 (2017) 1478–1490, IF- 3.457.
-Tabassum Khan & Sarvesh Rangnekar; Analytical methoddevelopment and validation studies of ticagrelor tablets by RP-HPLC,International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 9(04), 2017, 10-21.
-Tabassum Khan & Richa Singh; Analytical methoddevelopment and validation studies for the estimation of aspirin, clopidogrelbisulphate and rosuvastatin calcium in fixed dose combination capsule by UVspectroscopy, Indian Drugs, 54(06), 2017, 43-47.
-Anjali Gohel, Rashmi Mallya & Tabassum Khan;Standardization of marketed Ayurvedic formulation, Balaguloochyadi kashayam-physicochemical, microbial evaluation and ephedrine content, Journal of AppliedPharmaceutical Science, Vol. 6 (12), 2016, p. 184-189, DOI:10.7324/JAPS.2016.601226; ISSN 2231-3354.
-Anti-osteoarthritic activity of Acacia nilotica pods inWistar rats, Journal of Laboratory Animal Science Vol 4 Issue 1, August 2016, p1-11.
-Anish Chaurasia, Rashmi Mallya & Tabassum Khan; NovelTherapeutic Targets for Management of Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus, Immunology,Endocrine & Metabolic Agents in Medicinal Chemistry; Vol. 16 Issue 1, 2016,p 18-30.
-Anjali Gohel, Rashmi Mallya & Tabassum Khan;Standardization and HPTLC method development of marketed ayurvedicformulation-Balarishta, Int J Pharm Pharm Sci, Vol. 8, Issue 3, 2016, p2010-2019.
-Awarded the AMGEN Travel Award (1000 USD) by the AAPS to present three research papers at the AAPS Annual Convention and the FIP Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress 2010.
-Awarded the CAMAG Travel Award (1000 euros) by Anchrom India Ltd. to present two research papers at the International Symposium for High Performance Thin Layer Chromatogarphy, Basel, Switzerland, July 2011.
-Awarded the Travel Award (Rs 80,000) by DST to present two research papers at the 13 th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology, Graz, Austria, September 2012.
-Awarded Travel Grant (Rs. 26,000) by SVKM for the above conference.
-Indian Pharmaceutical Association
-International Pharmaceutical Federation
-American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientist
E-mail (O): email@example.comTel. (O): 022 4233 2052 (Ext. 2066)
Dr. Arati Prabhu
Areaof SpecializationPharmaceutical Chemistry and Quality AssuranceExperience Academics: 10 YearsIndustry 12 YearsThrust Research areasComputer aided Drug Design (CADD), Drug Discovery
International: 12, National: 02Presentations: 06 Patent: 01 Book Review: 01Member of the journal editorial review board: 03Research / Sponsored projects
1. Foldscope platform of screeningof potential anticancer compounds: A validation study (Funded by DBT, Grantamount- 8 lakhs)
2. Design, synthesis and biologicaltesting of Alzheimer-focused fragment library (Funded by Management of SVKM’sDr. Bhanuben Nanavati College of Pharmacy (Grant amount -Rs. 80,000/-)
3. Docking, Synthesis and SARstudies of Mitotic Kinesin Eg5 inhibitors for anticancer activity s (Funded byMumbai University, Grant amount – Rs. 50,000/-)
4. Industrialcollaboration and signed CDA with VP Lyf for research projects. (Project 1:“Biological evaluation of herbal spray formulations for treatment of pain andinflammation formulation” for Rs. 101480/-)
Invited Speaker / Judge
· Talkon ‘Latest Developments in Medicinal Chemistry: Drug Discovery or Design’ atMET IOP as part of a seminar on ‘Trends in Pharmaceutical Research andDevelopment’ held on 21st December 2013
· Talkon ‘CADD in Drug Discovery’ at Bhanuben Nanavati College of Pharmacy held on 13thSeptember 2014
· Judgefor evaluating Poster / Oral presentations for Avishkar 2015 (C. U. ShahCollege of Pharmacy)
· Judgefor evaluating Poster presentations for the National seminar at HKCP on ‘Recenttrends and Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences’ on 1st October2016
· Judgefor evaluating Poster presentations at the 68th IPC held at AUCollege of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vishakhapatnam during 16th – 18thDecember 2016.
· Talk on ‘Roadmap todevelopment of EP2 agonists for oral therapy of COPD’ at the seminar on‘Rational Drug Discovery: Fundamentals, Pitfalls and Way Ahead’ conducted atSVKM’s BNCP on 19th May 2018.
· Judgefor evaluating Poster presentations for the two-days National seminar at METIOPon ‘Complicated Lifestyle – Lifestyle Complications’ on 14 – 15 December 2018.
· Oral presentation on“Importance of post-docking processing in Structure-based Analogue Design” atthe 6th International Conference of Drug Discovery India 2019-Breakthrough Research in Medicinal Chemistry held in Mumbai, India on January17 – 18, 2019.
· Invited speaker at National ConferenceOn “Art of Scientific Writing and Publication / Role of Research Proposal inScientific Investigations” sponsored by Savitribai Phule Pune University on16th February 2019 at D. Y. Patil College of Pharmacy, Akurdi, Pune.
· Invited speaker on “Computer-AidedDrug Design in Drug Discovery” at the International Student Development Programtitled "Pharmaceutical Education and Research: A Medley” on July 26, 2020at MET Institute of Pharmacy, Mumbai.
· Invited speaker on ““PredictingCompound Quality: QSAR and more”” at the one-week AICTE sponsored Short TermTraining Program on “Computer applications in Drug Discovery” on September 9,2020 at Sat Kaival College of Pharmacy, Sarsa, Dist: Anand, Gujarat.
· National Merit Scholarship awarded bythe Government of Maharashtra (1982)
· Recipient of NVIDIA Hardware Grant with thedonation of GPU (Tesla K40) for setting up of supercomputing facility formolecular simulations.
· Selected for a grant of 24 lakhs under DST WomanScientists Scheme (WOS-A) for Research in Basic / Applied Sciences.
· Recipient of the First prize in Mumbai University(Category 6- Medicine and Pharmacy) at 14th AVISHKAR Research Conventionawards- under her mentorship
· Recipient of the Innovation Award in the Post-PGstudents category of Medicine and Pharmacy for Mumbai University at Statelevel.
· Received sanction order from AICTE for an institutegrant for conduct of Short Term Teachers Training Program (STTP) under AQIS2018-19 of Rs.248666/-
Research students guided: 02
1. Zahara Khanjiwala, Anubha Khale, AratiPrabhu “Docking structurally similar analogues: Dealing with thefalse-positive” Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling 93 (2019) 107451
2. A Anantram, H Kundaikar, M Degani, APrabhu. “Molecular dynamic simulations on an inhibitor of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2proteins for insights into its interaction mechanism for anti-cancer activity”J Biomol Struct Dyn. Published online 10 December 2018, 2018, doi:10.1080/07391102.2018.1508371.
3. Arati Prabhu.” Molecular dynamicssimulations: A mechanistic probe for understanding antibacterial activity.”Int. J. Pharm. Chem. Anal. 2017 4 (3): 66 – 69
4. Dunkern T, Chavan S, Bankar, D, Patil,A, Kulkarni P, Kharkar P, Prabhu A, Goebel H, Rolser E, Burckhard-Boer W,Arumugam P, Makhija M. “Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novelinosine 5’-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) inhibitors.” J. Enzyme Inhib.Med. Chem. 2014 Jun;29(3):408-19
5. Dunkern T, Prabhu A, Kharkar PS, GoebelH, Rolser E, Burckhard-Boer W, Arumugam P, Makhija MT. “Virtual andexperimental high-throughput screening (HTS) in search of novel inosine5’-monophosphate dehydrogenase II (IMPDH II) inhibitors” J Comput Aided Mol Des11, 2012, 1277 – 92
6. Avdhoot D. Velankar , GianlucaQuintini, Arati Prabhu, Alexander Weber, Gundula Hunaeus, Britta Voland, MonikaWuest, Christian Orjeda, Dipak Harel, Shaji Varghese, Vikas Gore, Meenal Patil,Deepak Gayke, Matthias Herdemann, Isabelle Heit b,§, Andrea Zaliani .“Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel (4 or 5-aryl) pyrazolyl-indolesas inhibitors of interleukin-2 inducible T-cell kinase (ITK)” Bioorganic &Medicinal Chemistry 18 2010, 4547–4559
7. Jitendra Verma, Vijay Khedkar, AratiPrabhu, Santosh Khedkar, Alpeshkumar Malde and Evans Coutinho. “A comprehensiveanalysis of the thermodynamic events involved in ligand-receptor binding usingCoRIA and its variants” J Comput Aided Mol Des 22, 2008, 91 -104
8. Amarnath Chatterjee, P. M. KrishnaMohan, Arati Prabhu, Anindya Ghosh-Roy, Ramakrishna V. Hosur. “Equilibriumunfolding of DLC8 monomer by urea and guanidine hydrochloride: Distinctiveglobal and residue level features.”Biochimie 89(1), January 2007, 117 -134.
9. Arati Prabhu, Evans Coutinho, SudhaSrivastava. “The Amino-terminal domain of human signal transducers andactivators of transcription 1: Overexpression, purification andcharacterisation” J. Biosci. 30 (5), December 2005, 611 – 618.
10. ErrolMathias, Arati Prabhu, Evans Coutinho, Sudha Srivastava and Uma Halkar. “Thesolution structure of a cyclic analog of Neuropeptide Y with high affinity Y1receptor affinity by NMR, CD and MD simulations.” International Journal of PeptideResearch and Therapeutics Vol. 11, No. 2, June 2005, 143 – 152.
11. AratiPrabhu, Alpesh Malde, Evans Coutinho, Sudha Srivastava. “Solution conformationof Substance P antagonists - [D-Arg1, D-Trp7,9, Leu11]- SP , [D-Arg1, D-Pro2,D-Trp7,9, Leu11]-SP and [D-Pro2, D-Trp7,9]-SP by CD, NMR and MDsimulations.”Peptides (26) 2005, 875 – 885.
12. AratiPrabhu and Evans Coutinho “Molecular Modeling in the Drug Industry” Souvenir ofthe 5th International Symposium on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences andTechnology, Mumbai, 2003, pg. 29. (Non-peer reviewed article).
13. AratiChandraghatgi and H.P.Tipnis “Bioequivalence study of Famotidine formulationsin healthy human volunteers” Indian Drugs 28(2) 1990, 78 – 81.
1. Hoffmeyer, A, Boer, R, Hessmann, M,Pahl, A, Dunkern, T, Hartung, S, Zitt, C, Volz, J, Prachter, C, Makhija, M,Jain, H, Gavade, S, Prabhu, A, Tiwari, M, Keche, A, Patel, S, Dinger, H,Nycomed GMBH. EP2 agonist. WO2013/164326; US2015/0080400A1 (pub date: Apr 12,2016)
1. Book review of “Handbook ofPharmaceutical Chemistry-II by H.R. Batra published in Pharma Times 2015December; 47:11
· Life member of NMR Society (NMRS,India)
· Registered Pharmacist, MaharashtraState Pharmacy Council (Reg. No. 167077)
· Life-member of Association ofPharmaceutical Teachers of India
· Life-member of Indian PharmaceuticalAssociation
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: 9820890221
Dr. Vasanti Suvarna
Assistant Professor (M. Pharm)
Specialization: Pharmaceuticalchemistry & Quality Assurance
Teaching: 13 years
Industry: 02 Years
Thrust research areas: Naturalproduct chemistry, analytical method development
Research Publications: 33
Book chapters: 02
Research Sanctioned Projects:Completed- 02 (University of Mumbai minor research grant
Research students guided M.Pharm- 13
Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops attended 20
o Sumit S. Vakani, Apeksha Kajwe, VasantiSuvarna, Atul P. Sherje, Influence of auxiliary agents on solubility anddissolution profile of repaglinide with hydroxypropyl-b-cyclodextrin: inclusioncomplex formation and its solid-state characterization. J Incl Phenom MacrocyclChem (2015) 83:239–250.
o Suvarna, V., Sarkar, M., Chaubey, P., Khan, T.,Sherje, A., Patel, K., & Dravyakar, B. (2018). Bone Health and NaturalProducts- An Insight. Frontiers in pharmacology, 9, 981. (Frontierspublications)
o Suvarna, Vasanti, Manikanta Murahari, TabassumKhan, Pramila Chaubey, and Preeti Sangave. "Phytochemicals and PI3KInhibitors in Cancer—An Insight." Frontiers in pharmacology 8(2017).(Frontiers publications).
o Suvarna, Vasanti, Siddhata Thorat, Usha Nayak,Atul Sherje, and Manikanta Murahari. "Host-guest interaction study ofEfavirenz with hydroxypropyl-ß-cyclodextrin and l-arginine by computationalsimulation studies: Preparation and characterization of supramolecularcomplexes." Journal of Molecular Liquids 259 (2018): 55-64.(Elsevier publications)
o Suvarna, Vasanti M., and Preeti C. Sangave."HPLC Estimation, Ex vivo Everted Sac Permeability and In VivoPharmacokinetic Studies of Darunavir." Journal of chromatographicscience (2018).(Oxford press publications)
o Patel, K., Butala, S., Khan, T., Suvarna, V.,Sherje, A., & Dravyakar, B. (2018). Mycobacterial siderophore: A review onchemistry and biology of siderophore and its potential as a target fortuberculosis. European journal of medicinal chemistry.(Elsevier publications)
o Dravyakar, B. R., Khedekar, P. B., Khan, T.,Sherje, A. P., Patel, K. N., & Suvarna, V. (2018). Design and Developmentof Novel 2-(Morpholinyl)-N-substituted Phenylquinazolin-4-amines as SelectiveCOX-II inhibitor. Anti-inflammatory & anti-allergy agents in medicinalchemistry. (Bentham publications).
o Tabassum Khan, Kaksha Sankhe, Vasanti Suvarna,Atul Sherje, Kavitkumar Patel, Bhushan Dravyakar. DNA gyrase inhibitors:Progress and synthesis of potent compounds as antibacterial agents. Biomedicine& Pharmacotherapy 103 (2018) 923–938. (Elsevier publications)
o Sherje, Atul P., Manikanta Murahari, VasantiSuvarna, and Kavitkumar Patel. "Study on effect of L-arginine onsolubility and dissolution of Zaltoprofen: Preparation and characterization ofbinary and ternary cyclodextrin inclusion complexes." Chemical Physics Letters (2018).(Elsevierpublications)
o Chaubey, Pramila, Brahmeshwar Mishra, Shyam LalMudavath, Ravi R. Patel, Sundeep Chaurasia, Shyam Sundar, Vasanti Suvarna, andMarvis Monteiro. "Mannose-conjugated curcumin-chitosan nanoparticles:Efficacy and toxicity assessments against Leishmania donovani." International journal ofbiological macromolecules (2018). (Elsevier publications)
o Suvarna V, Gujar P, Murahari M. Complexation of Phytochemicals withCyclodextrin derivatives – An Insight, Biomedicine & Pharmaco-therapy. 2017 Feb 12; 88:1122-1144.(Elsevier publications)
o Vasanti Suvarna & Apeksha Kajwe &Manikanta Murahari & Guru basavaraj V. Pujar & Bharath Kumar Inturi& Atul P. Sherje. Inclusion complexes of Nateglinide with HP-ß-CD andL-arginine for solubility and dissolution enhancement: Preparation,characterization and molecular docking study Journal of Pharmaceuticalinnovation. June 2017, Volume 12, Issue 2, pp 168–181.(Springerpublications)
o Sherje AP, Kulkarni V, Murahari M, Nayak UY, Bhat P, Suvarna V, Dravyakar B. Inclusion Complexation of Etodolac withHydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin and auxiliary agents: Formulationcharacterization and Molecular modeling studies, Molecularpharmaceutics, 2017, 14 (4), pp 1231–1242 (American chemical societypublications)
o Suvarna V, Singh V, Murahari M. Current overviewon the clinical update of Bcl-2 anti-apoptotic inhibitors for cancer therapy.European Journal of Pharmacology. 2019 Sep 5:172655.
o Murahari M, Singh V, Chaubey P, Suvarna V*. ACritical Review on Anticancer Mechanisms of Natural Flavonoid Puerarin.Anti-cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. Volume 20 , Issue 6 , 2020, p-678 -686. (Bentham publications)
o Adishri Raut, Dhvani Sharma & VasantiSuvarna (2020), A Status Update on Pharmaceutical Analytical Methods ofAminoglycoside Antibiotic: Amikacin, Critical Reviews in Analytical Chemistry, DOI: 10.1080/10408347.2020.1803042(Taylor francis publications)
o Vasanti S, Shrutika P, N.D Grampurohit“Evaluation of Antibacterial and Antifungal Activities Zingiber Cassumunar Roxb.” Asian journal of microbiologybiotechnology & environmental sciences, 2008(3).
o Vasanti S, Shrutika P “Antimicrobial activity ofclove essential oil against clinical dental isolates"Asian journalof microbiology biotechnology & environmental sciences. Vol.11, No.(1), 2009: 137-138.
o Vasanti S, “Synthesis of N-acyl heterocyclesusing conventional and microwave-assisted dry media technique” Journal of Pharmacy andresearch. October 2008 (1), Issue 2, Page no.240-.244.
o Vasanti S, Sulabha S Impurity profile- A review.Drug Invention Today 2009, 1(2),81-88
o Vasanti S, Sulabha S, Aabha C.“Bioceramics”, Journal of Pharmacy and research, Vol 2, No 10 (2009).
o Suvarna Vasanti, “Evaluation ofantimicrobial activity of plant extracts” IJPSR, 2015; Vol. 6(4): 1547-1552
o Vasanti S, Preeti S. Paclitaxel Nanoparticles -An Approach to Improve the Bioavailability Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res.,27(1) , July August 2014, 200-208.
o Vasanti S, In-Vitro Cytotoxic Activity ofMethanolic Extract of Embelia tsjeriam Cottam, against Human Breast and ColonCancer Cell Lines. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological andChemical Sciences. 5(5), September - October 2014, 131.
o Mohammed Sajid, Utkarsha Pagdhare and VasantiSuvarna, Pharmacological evaluation and development of an antiulcer polyherbalformulation. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences Vol 4, Issue05, 2015.
o Kadam N. R. and Suvarna V, Microspheres: a briefreview, Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5(47), 2015,13-19.
o Lalit Rathod, Vasanti Suvarna and Neha k.Shinde, Development and validation of a stability indicating RP-HPLC method forsimultaneous determination of acetylcysteine and cefixime in pharmaceuticalformulation. IJPSR (2015), vol. 6, issue 11.
o Vasanti Suvarna, Utkarsha Paghadre, Anila Kadu,Manisha Oza "Development and characterization of solid self-emulsifyingdrug delivery system containing nateglinide" Asian Journal ofPharmaceutics. 2017 Mar 21;11(01).
o Yunus Y. Khan, Vasanti Suvarna, Liposomescontaining phytochemicals for cancer treatment-an update, International Journalof Current Pharmaceutical Research,Vol 9, Issue 1, 2017.
o Parinaz F. Elavia *, Vasanti Suvarna, A reviewon applications of nanotechnology in cosmetics, Int. Res. J. Pharm. 2018, 9 (4)
o Suvarna, V. M., & Sangave, P. C. (2017).Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for tenofovirsolid lipid nanoparticles. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciencesand Research, 8(2), 658-666.
o Vasanti S, Shrutika P “Antifungal activity ofselected plant extracts against human fungal pathogens” Journal of Herbal medicine andtoxicology, 3(2) 151-153, (2009).
· Life member of Indian PharmaceuticalAssociation (IPA)
· Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education(ISTE)
Tel. (O): 022- 4233 2052 (Ext. 2110)
Dr. Radhika Raheja
Assistant Professor (M. Pharm. Ph. D.)
Area of Specialization
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Experience Academic: 23 Years Research Publications: 04 Presentations: 07 Recent Publications:
· Analytical method development andvalidation for the simultaneous estimation of biotin, L-arginine andp-aminobenzoic acid in a multicomponent formulation by RP-HPLC, Patil Ashish,Raheja Radhika, Nangude Shantaram, International journal of pharmaceuticalresearch and development, Jan 2015, p 58-69.· Analytical method development andvalidation of phytosterol from Cleome viscosa by RP-HPLC, Bachhav Shambhavi ,Raheja Radhika, Minhas Gurpreet, International journal of Universal Pharmacyand biosciences, March- April 2015, p 56-63.· Utility of autoclave in thesynthesis of organic compounds, U. B. Hadkar, P. R, Advani, R. K. Raheja, AsianJournal of Pharmacy and Technology, April-June 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2, p103-104.
Seminars /Conferences / Workshops attended: 11 Contact details: E-mail: email@example.com Tel. 022-4233 2052 (Ext: 2060)
Dr. Atul P. Sherje
Assistant Professor (M. Pharm. Ph. D.)
Specialization:Pharmaceutical Chemistry Quality Assurance
Experience: Academic:15 Years
Thrust research areas: Developmentand Validation of analytical methods Solubility enhancement of poorly water-solubledrugs
Publications / Presentations:Research Review Publications: 31
Books / Bookchapters: Nil
Conferences /Workshops / Seminar Attended 35
Projects: Two (Completed)
Research Students: M. Pharm. 13 (Completed); 1 (ongoing)
• Shradha Bodkhe, Mayuri Nikam,Atul P.Sherje, Tabassum Khan, Vasanti Suvarna, Kavit Patel. Current Insights onClinical Efficacy of Roflumilast for Treatment of COPD, Asthma and ACOS.International Immunopharmacology (2020), 88, 106906.
• Sohini Bhattacharya, Atul P. Sherje;Development of Resveratrol and Green Tea Sunscreen Formulation for CombinedPhotoprotective and Antioxidant Properties. Journal of Drug Delivery Scienceand Technology (2020), 60, 102000.
• AP Sherje, A Surve, P Shende. CDIcross-linked ß-Cyclodextrin nanosponges of Paliperidone: Synthesis andphysicochemical characterization, Journal of Materials Science: Materials inMedicine (2019), 30, 6, 74.
• Bhushan R. Dravyakar*, Pramod B. Khedekar,Tabassum Khan, Atul P. Sherje,Kavit N. Patel, Vasanti Suvarna. Design and Development of Novel2-(Morpholinyl)-N-substituted Phenylquinazolin-4-amines as Selective COX-IIInhibitor, Anti-Inflammatory & Anti-Allergy Agents in Medicinal Chemistry(2019), 18, 1-22.
• Jeevankala S. Tople, Atul Sherje, RashmiMallya. Analytical method development and validation for simultaneousdetermination of pyrantel pamoate and febantel in an oral dosage form byhigh-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). International Journal ofPharmaceutical Sciences and Research (2019), 10, 4, 1747-1752.
• Neha Desai, Munira Momin, Upasana Singh,Tabassum Khan, Atul Sherje. Analytical method development and validation forsimultaneous estimation of curcumin and cyclosporine by RP-HPLC. InternationalJournal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (2019), 11, 2, 26-33.
• Sherje A, Sonalkar A, Forceddegradation studies of olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone: development andvalidation of stability-indicating RPHPLC method, Indian Drugs (2019), 56, 3,39-45.
• Atul P. Sherje, Mrunal Jadhav,ß-Cyclodextrin-based inclusion complexes and nanocomposites of rivaroxaban forsolubility enhancement. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine(2018), 29, 186.
• Kavitkumar Patel, Sahil Butala, TabassumKhan, Vasanti Suvarna, Atul Sherje,Bhushan Dravyakar. Mycobacterial siderophore: A review on chemistry and biologyof siderophore and its potential as a target for tuberculosis. European Journalof Medicinal Chemistry (2018), 157, 783-790.
• Atul P. Sherje, Mrunal Jadhav, Bhushan R.Dravyakar, Darshana Kadam. Dendrimers: A versatile nanocarrier for drugdelivery and targeting. International Journal of Pharmaceutics (2018), 548,1, 707-720.
• Tabassum Khan, Kaksha Sankhe, VasantiSuvarna, Atul Sherje, Kavitkumar Patel, Bhushan Dravyakar. DNA gyraseinhibitors: Progress and synthesis of potent compounds as antibacterial agents.Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy (2018), 103, 923–938.
• Atul P. Sherje, Forum Patel, ManikantaMurahari, Vasanti Suvarna, Kavitkumar Patel, Study on Effect of L-Arginine onSolubility and Dissolution of Zaltoprofen: Preparation and Characterization ofBinary and Ternary Cyclodextrin Inclusion Complexes, Chemical Physics Letters(2018), 694, 120-128.
• Atul P. Sherje, Vaishali Londhe.Development and Evaluation of pH-Responsive Cyclodextrin-Based in situ Gel ofPaliperidone for Intranasal Delivery. AAPS PharmSciTech (2018), 19, 1,384–394.
• Atul P. Sherje, Bhushan R. Dravyakar,Darshana Kadam, Mrunal Jadhav, Cyclodextrin-based nanosponges: A criticalreview, Carbohydrate Polymers (2017), 173 37–49.
• Sherje Atul, Kulkarni Vaidehi,Murahari Manikanta, Nayak Usha, Bhat Pritesh, Suvarna Vasanti, DravyakarBhushan. Inclusion Complexation of Etodolac withHydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin and auxiliary agents: Formulationcharacterization and Molecular modeling studies. Molecular Pharmaceutics(2017), 14, 1231-1242.
• Vasanti Suvarna, Apeksha Kajwe, ManikantaMurahari, Gurubasavaraj V. Pujar, Bharath kumar Inturi, AtulSherje, Inclusion complexes of Nateglinide with HP-ß-CDand L-arginine for solubility and dissolution enhancement: Preparation,characterization and molecular docking study. Journal of PharmaceuticalInnovation (2017), 12, 2, 168–181.
• Sumit Vakani, Apeksha Kajwe, VasantiSuvarna, Atul P. Sherje. Influence of Auxiliary Agents on Solubility andDissolution Profile of Repaglinide with Cyclodextrin: Inclusion ComplexFormation and its Solid-state Characterization, Journal of Inclusion Phenomenonand Macrocyclic chemistry (2015), 83, 3, 239-250.
• Atul P. Sherje, Vaishali Londhe.Ternary Inclusion Complex of Paliperidone with ß-Cyclodextrin and HydrophilicPolymer for Solubility and Dissolution Enhancement. Journal of PharmaceuticalInnovation (2015), 10, 4), 324-334.
• Sherje A, Londhe V. Inclusion Complexes ofHydroxypropyl-beta-Cyclodextrin and Paliperidone: Preparation andCharacterization, Current Drug Discovery Technologies (Springer), 2014, 11,271-278.
• Sherje AP, Kasture AV, Yeole PG,“Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of lansoprazole and domperidonein capsule formulation”, Asian Journal of chemistry, 19 (5), 2007,3612-3616.
• Atul P. Sherje,Vaishali Londhe. StabilityIndicating HPLC method for determination of Paliperidone in Bulk. InternationalJournal of PharmTech Research (2015), 8, 8, 157-163.
• SP Dhat, SA Aphale,AP Sherje, JA Sakale, AVVaidya, SD Vanshiv, Solubility enhancement of Satranidazole using soliddispersion technique, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical andBiomedical Sciences (2011), 2, 3, 1134-1138.
• Sherje A.P., Desai KJ; Spectrophotometricdetermination of Rosiglitazone Maleate using Hydrotropic solubilizationtechnique, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2011), 73, 5, 579-582.
• Sherje A.P., Chokshi J, Satam CA, ChaudharyD, Vanshiv SD, Spectrophothometric Determination of Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacinin Combined Dosage Form, Journal of Pharmacy Research (2010), 3, 1,72-74.
• Sherje AP, Tawade AP, Vyas M, SimultaneousSpectrophotometric Determination of Satranidazole and Ofloxacin in CombinedDosage Form, International Journal of PharmTech Research (2010), 2, 1,511-514.
• Sherje AP, Rahigude A, Vanshiv SD, Warma S,Mixed Hydrotropy in Spectrophotometric Analysis of Nitazoxanide, InternationalJournal of ChemTech Research (2010), 2, 4, 1966-1969.
• Sherje A.P., Yeole PG, Puranik MP, MominMY, “In-vitro evaluation of Government hospital supplied and commercial brandsof Paracetamol”, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2005), 39, 1.
• Sherje A.P., Kasture AV, Yeole PG,“Simultaneous quantitation of lansoprazole and domperidone in pharmaceuticalformulations by liquid chromatography”, Journal of Pharmaceutical Research(2009), 8, 1, 52-55.
• Sherje A.P., Gujar KN, Bidkar AA,“Phytochemical and Pharmacological investigation of leaves of Calotropisprocera Linn” Journal of Natural Remedies (2009), 9, 1, 79—84.
• Vanshiv Swapnila, Joshi Hemant, SherjeAtul, Aphale Sanjivani, Dhat Shalaka. Gastroretentive DrugDelivery System: Review, Journal of Pharmacy Research (2009), 2, 12,1879-1885.
• Sherje A.P., Kasture AV, Gujar KN, YeolePG, “Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of lansoprazole anddomperidone in capsules” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2008), 70,1, 102-105.
Life Member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI)
Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
Tel. (O). 022- 4233 2052 (Ext. 2163)
Dr. Kavitkumar N. Patel
Assistant Professor (M. Pharm.Ph.D.)
Specialization:Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry
Experience:Academics: 5 Years
Thrust Research Areas:Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Computer Aided Drug Design; Drug designand synthesis of anti-tubercular and antibacterial drugs.
Publications/ Presentations:Publications: 14Presentations: 06
Recent Publications:Shradha Bodkhe, Mayuri Nikam, Atul P. Sherje, Tabassum Khan, Vasanti Suvarna,Kavit Patel; Current insights on clinical efficacy of roflumilast for treatmentof COPD, asthma and ACOS; InternationalImmunopharmacology 88 (2020)106906. (IF-3.943)
Awards:Awarded with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship(SRF) from University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India for pursuingPh.D.Awarded travel grant by DST and ICMR to attend Tetrahedron Symposium in Vienna,Austria 2013.Conferences/ Workshops/ Seminars attended: 20Contact details:E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel. (O): 022-4233 2052 (Ext. 2060)
Dr. Mihir Khambete
Academic: 1.5 Years
Thrust research areas:
1. Design,synthesis and biological evaluation of molecules in the areas ofNeurodegenerative diseases, Infectious diseases and Cancer.
Computer aided drug design
Books/Book chapters: Nil
Conferences/Workshops/Seminarsattended: (No. only): 6
Life member, UDCT Alumni Association
Tel. 022-4233 2052
Dr. Arundhati Nachiket Abhynakar
Assistant Professor (M.Pharm. Ph.D.)
Industry- 13 Months
Academics- 2 years 6 Months
Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Anti-infective agent
Computer Aided Drug Design
Patents:2Provisional Patent Applications filed
• Best student of college for theyear 2005-2006
• J.R.D TATA Scholarship- Year2004-2005
• SIR RATAN TATA TRUSTScholarship- Year-2004-2005 and Year 2005-2006.
• UGC fellowship for M. Pharmresearch work
• DBT JRF Fellowship for PhDresearch work
• CSIR SRF for PhD researchwork
• DBT-CTEP Travel Grant September2012 for attending International 13th Tetrahedron Symposium (Asia Edition):Challenges in Bioorganic and Organic Medicinal chemistry held at Taipei city,Taiwan from 27th-30th November 2012
• ArundhatiChandrashekhar Lele, Deepak Amarnath Mishra, MariamSohel Degani et.al. Repositioning of DHFR Inhibitors. Current Topics inMedicinal Chemistry. 2016; 16(19):2125–2143.
• ArundhatiC. Lele, Mihir P. Khambete, Mariam S. Degani et.al., Design andsynthesis of novel Mycobacterium tuberculosis DHFR inhibitors. InternationalJournal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research; 2016; 7(6):2352–2356.
• ArundhatiC. Lele, Archana Raju, Mariam S. Degani et.al., Design andSynthesis of a Focused Library of Diamino Triazines as Potential Mycobacteriumtuberculosis DHFR Inhibitors. ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2015; 6(11):1140–1144.
• ArundhatiC Lele, Archana Raju, Mariam S Degani et.al., Design and synthesisof diaminotriazines as anti-tuberculosis DHFR inhibitors. Current Research inDrug Discovery. 2014;1(2):45–50.
• Tawari, Nilesh R.; Lele, Arundhati C.; Degani, Mariam Set.al., Rational drug design, synthesis and biological evaluation ofdihydrofolate reductase inhibitors as antituberculosis agents. Future MedicinalChemistry .2015; 7(8):979–988
Life Member of UDCT Alumni Association
Tel. (O): 022-4233 2052 (Ext. 2060)